Friday, March 5, 2010

Change

Throughout life, people go through many phases of change.  As everyone grows older they develop new friendships, attitudes, personalities and lifestyles.  Some of these changes can be good and some can lead a person down a new path.  These new paths can affect the way we view other people, how we see life, and how we want to live our lives. 

Be careful about what path you chose because your choices effect the people around you in your life.  They can also effect you just as much as the people in your life because you can believe everything is going all right in your life until one issue starts to the affect the route to the hill while you are running to the top.  You try to help yourself by taking another path, but then that leads to another issue and then another and another and by then you have tried so many routes to the top of the hill that you notice that each route gets you so far up the hill, but you have to put in the effort to make it to the top.  A route will lead you to the top, but it is your persistence that will get you to the top. 

There are times in life when we feel that one route is better ot easier to take because we know that in the end every route gets us to the top of the hill, which is where we want to be at some point in our lives.  Some people may have reached that the top more than once in their lives, but no one stays at the top once they make it.

I tell you this because I, as well as many other people, have felt what it's like to believe that you have everything that you have ever wanted in your life until in one quick moment it can be taken away from you in a heart beat.

Everyone tells me that my time in college will be the best years of my life; however I strongly disagree because college is a time where you decide what you want to do for a job career.  How can a eighteen or nineteen year old not be affraid of these four years that determine what you will do and who you will become?  Everyday I get up and tell myself, "is this really happening?"

On top of that, it is not easy to date someone in college, no matter if you go to the same college or not.  I tried having a long distance relationship with my girlfriend back home and it worked out in the beginning, , but eventually all good things have to come to an end.  I had been dating this girl since my sophomore year of high school and we told each other that we would one day be married and have four kids together.  We thought that things would always still be the same between us, but we were wrong.  Being away from each other made us farther apart when I believed that it would have not effect on our relationship.  She knew it would, but I was to stubborn to see the decision I made to go out-of-state for college would effect the relationship between us. 

When I got to college, I thought that I would have a great roommate and that I would be heading to all the college football and basketball games.  It turns out that my rommate was not the ideal person I wanted to have as a roommate, so I moved into another room by myself.  I also never got into the football and basketball because I missed the college teams back home and I wasn't a big fan of the head basketball coach at the college.  I enjoyed my classes that I took and I made the club soccer team, but I soon realized that I have my own life to worry about and to start.  Mid-way through the first semester I decided that I wanted to transfer either back home or to a better college that has a better program that I want to major in.  So I quit the club soccer team and started hitting the books, which I did only so often in high school. 

At the end of the first semester I recieved two A's, two B's and a C.  I was very proud of myself, but I knew that I needed to pick my grades up a little if I am going to get into the college with the better program I want to major in.

Now I am in the second semester of college and I am still trying to make it up to the top of the hill.  I have lofty goals for myself and I intend to accomplish these goals so I can led myself into the direction of a successful life.  I am taking the route that may led me farther away from the people and activities I love to do in life, but I know that in the end I will have accomplished my goal of getting to the top of the hill only waiting to be knocked back down the hill to restart the journey all over again.  You can' stop change, you can only go with the flow and hope that it will led you to where you want to be in life.         

No comments:

Post a Comment